We created AddWater because all of the other hydration apps we looked at, and we looked at a LOT, made it a multi-step process just to add water we just drank or it over-simplified the complexities of proper hydration. We figured there’s got to be a better way and now there is – AddWater.
AddWater is quick. You don’t spend your time going to different screens, selecting containers or glasses, then tapping buttons to enter an amount. Just slide and let go. BOOM, you’re done. AddWater lets you spend your time drinking water, not logging it.
Although AddWater has a simple and intuitive user interface to help you track your daily hydration, it has features you might not be aware of.
• Clean, elegant, at-a-glance interface;
• Automatically determines your daily goals based on multiple criteria: weight, gender;
• Choose ounces or liters and toggle back and forth quickly between the two without changing the app’s overall volume setting;
• Amounts are entered quickly with simple touch-panning up or down;
• Double the amounts with two-finger panning;
• if you accidentally select an incorrect amount;
• Badges show amount left to drink for the day;
• Daily tracking shows individual amounts entered by tapping date at top of the screen;
• Daily history with percentage achieved and goal;
• When you reach your goal, ‘Play in the Water';
• Each new day you’re greeted with a fun or profound quote to begin your day of hydration.
• Exclusive Urine Chart to help you recognize your hydration levels;
• Health section automatically adjusts your daily goal based on Activity Level (time and intensity), Alcohol Consumption, Illness, High Altitude;
• Fully customizable reminders with your own message and a menu of fun sounds – create the message, pick the time and sound, AddWater reminds you daily;
• Race reminders will help you stay hydrated before an athletic endeavor – reminding you to hydrate fully two days and one day out to stick to your goal; also providing a reminder two hours before the race start.
Setting Your Goal
An AddWater exclusive
With two types of custom reminders – Daily and Event – you’ll never go without knowing when to have some water. More information on how to configure your reminders is in the FAQ below.
Activating Badges will display the remaining ounces / milliliters on the Add Water icon on your home screen so you will know at-a-glance whether you’re ahead of your goal – or if you have some ground to make up.
One caveat though, You can only undo/redo amounts entered in that same view. For example, if you enter an amount, then go to History and select another day, you can no longer undo.
Both types of reminders allow you to create a personalized message and select a sound for each reminder. The difference between the two types of reminders are:
Daily reminders will repeat the same time every day. So, you can have Daily reminders like, “It’s 3 o’clock – drink up!” or “It’s lunch time, so you should be halfway to your goal.”
If you’re participating in say, a 5K race. Set the date and start time of the race and AddWater will send you a reminder 48 hours and 24 hours ahead of the race and encourage you to reach your hydration goal. Then two hours before your race start time, it will remind you to consume about 16ozs of water (because we know how hectic pre-race preparation can be), so you’re properly pre-hydrated for your race.